- Incorporating mindfulness into your workouts can help you stay focused and motivated, and might also help you achieve better results.
Do you ever find yourself struggling to stay focused during a workout? Perhaps your mind wanders to your to-do list or the latest episode of your favorite TV show. If so, you’re not alone. Many people struggle to stay present and focused during exercise. However, the solution to this problem might be simpler than you think: mindfulness.
Table of Contents
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgment. It involves being fully aware of your thoughts, feelings, and sensations, and accepting them without trying to change them. When you’re mindful, you’re fully engaged in the present moment and not distracted by thoughts of the past or future.
The Connection Between Mindfulness and Fitness
Research has shown that mindfulness can help improve your performance and motivation during exercise. According to a study published in the Journal of Health Psychology, people who practised mindfulness during their workouts reported feeling more motivated and less anxious compared to those who didn’t. 
Another study published in the Journal of Behavioural Medicine found that mindfulness-based interventions can improve exercise adherence and physical activity levels in sedentary adults. 
How to Incorporate Mindfulness into Your Workouts
- One simple way to incorporate mindfulness into your workouts is to focus on your breath. Pay attention to the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body. Notice the rise and fall of your chest and belly. Whenever your mind starts to wander, simply bring your attention back to your breath.
- Another way to practice mindfulness during exercise is to focus on your body. Notice the sensations in your muscles as you move. Pay attention to the feeling of your feet hitting the ground or the resistance of the weights you’re lifting. By staying present and fully engaged in the physical sensations of your body, you can help quiet your mind and achieve a sense of calm focus.
Benefits of Practicing Mindfulness During Exercise
By incorporating mindfulness into your workouts, you can experience a range of benefits, including:
- Increased motivation and focus
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Improved adherence to workout routine
- Enhanced physical performance
In conclusion, incorporating mindfulness into your workouts can help you stay focused and motivated, and might also help you achieve better results. Remember, a fit mind is crucial, and just as important as a fit body.
Thanks for reading! We hope this helps you on your journey to becoming a fitter and healthier version of yourself. Don’t forget to follow @naijafitfam on Instagram for more helpful content.
View this post on Instagram